Thursday, March 15, 2012

2/21/12

Students at Noble Street College Prep are having to pay for even the samllest infractions. For example, it is $5 for a detention. It is reported that last year, the school earned over $190,000 just in fees paid by students who had infractions. They say that this teaches students to follow the rules. Which makes sense because I know that I don't want to give someone my money for being late to a class, therefore, I would always follow the rules in order to keep my money.

I like this policy. If you do such a thing, then you can really crack down on all the small things that bother all of administration at a school. Administration hates when students are late to class, skip, back talk, ect. and by making students pay for such insidents, then you can reduce all of them because students don't want to pay their own money. I am all for it and think it is a great idea for all schools to implement such a policy.

Like I said in the previous paragraph, I think that our school should put in such a plicy. By doing this, students will start to follow the rules. Not only that, but then the school will make money that they can put toward such things as sports, or after school activities.

Yes, there is a huge problem here. Everyday, students are are late to class, walk out of class, and do such things really make this place look bad. But if they were to put such a system in place, all of those problems would really be decreased.

No comments: