Wednesday, April 18, 2012

4/18/12

PART 1
Today, many students are graduating high school earlier than in four years. Most in three years and some in even less time than that. How do they do it? They simply take senior required classes their junior year, and take all the other classes online. A great way to get an early start on college and life in the real world. But there are those who are skeptical of gradutating early. Some say that students are just not ready for college at the age of 17 or less. They need that extra year to really prepare them for thwat college is going to be like. Others think that it is a fantastic idea and it is a great way to think about retiring a year early and to get into your profession a year earlier.

As I previously said, some pros of graduating early are the fact that you can get a head start on your future profession. There instead of graduating college at 22, you graduate at 21, therefore giving you the chance to make more money. However, a con is that you may not be ready for college and colleges may not be ready to accept you due to your lack of high school exeperience.

Honestly, I have never considered early graduation. I want to enjoy my senior year with all my friends and do all the things there are to do in your senior year. I don't want to skip out on prom and class trips just to graduate a year ealier. However, if I were to graduate 2 years early, that is a totally different story. In that case, I would be all for it.

PART 2
The numher of students around the US who choose to graduate early is at around 5%. Most students want to graduate with their class or don't want to take all the extra classes on their free time when they could be doing other fun activities. And I don't blame them. I go to school for 10 months out of the year, the two months that I have off, I don't want to even think about school.

There are always the stories of kids who have attended college and within in the first two years or so, they realized that it wasn't for them and then dropped out. Then there are the stories where they go for the full four or however many years, graduate and then run a fortune 500 company, and finally, there are the stories where you have to students who don't go to college and then have a fortune 500 comapany. Which one will you be?

No comments: